Women in Enginnering
There is a serious shortfall in the amount of women entering the design and computing sector. There is also a serious inbalance in the percentage of women taking up engineering jobs. Both these sectors require people who are gifted intellectually; and thus there is no physical impediment in women taking up positions such as software design engineer, computer programmer, electrode design engineer and so on. What is holding women back is a culture that tends to regard women as unsuitable for highly skilled and highly paid jobs. We all admire women doctors, female corporate leaders, female artists etc. but we are apt to see these successful women as the exception tio the rule rather than the norm.
As regards computer skills people are apt to aim low. Of course it is essential to be able to grasp the basics of such important programs as Word, Excel and Powerpoint. But these are not skiills of the highest order: they are not going to lead on to jobs where a woman can become an industry leader. Rather these are more clerical programs and as such people who use them are destined to do jobs with poor renumeration rates.
The important thing is to aim high with your computer skill ambitions. If not, you will become nothing more then a high tech clerk.
- Computer Confidence for Women
- Computers and Wine
- A Word In Defense Of Women And Computers
- Opportunites Abound For Women In Online Business
- Don’t Trust All Financial Advice On The Internet
- Where to Find Solid Advice To Stop Snoring.
- Internet Usage: Women vs Men
- Marketing confidence for women
- The Future Of Computers Is Bright For Women
- Best Refrigerator Technologies For Your Luddite Grandmother
- Want a Solid Career? Try Occupational Therapy!
- Pizza Hut Trivia
- The Pros and Cons of Buying Indoor Soccer Shoes Online
- A Girl Needs Her Privacy
- 4 Factors for a Successful Sales Call
- Live wire communications & Cordyceps
- Computers, Not Just a Man’s Job!
- Women in Information Technology
- My Granny And The Internet
- The expansion of the internet jungle
- Buying Greenhouses Online or in Garden Centres
- Women Leaders
- Can I Make A Real Living Online ?
- Women’s Rule in Gender
- The Importance Of The Internet To A Stay At Home Mom
- Blog Wars
- How the Online Music Landscape has Changed